The word “zakat” means “to purify”; it is the third pillar of Islam which is an obligation upon all Muslims. Zakat is essentially an act of worship for Muslims to purify their wealth, cleanse their souls and benefit themselves as well as others.
WHO SHOULD PAY ZAKAT?
Every sane Muslims adult who possesses equal to or more wealth than the nisab for one year.
BENEFITS TO OTHERS :
– Zakat helps to fulfil to the needs of the poor and needy of the Muslim community.
– Zakat as a bridge that will link up between the unfortunate and the rich in a society.
– Zakat enables Muslim communities to generate sustainable livelihood and will inevitably strengthen the economy of the ummah as a whole.
– Zakat purifies the wealth, increases the blessings and multiply the rewards.
– Zakat calculation is according to Lembaga Zakat Selangor (Zakat Calculator)