Covid-19 Pandemic Outbreak
COVID-19 spread like wildfire to the worldwide and has caused more than one million of death with more than 40 million active cases in less than one year.
Covid-19 has crippled economic activity, key sector operations and has rapidly affected our day to day life and movements.
Most of the countries have slowed down their manufacturing of the products which also affected the sources of supply.
According to business and investment portal, there are potential bankruptcies as a result of the global lockdowns, and the International Labour Organization (ILO) estimates that almost 25 million jobs could be lost worldwide as a result of Covid-19.
Covid-19 has given big implications towards our community as a whole regardless of urban or rural areas and formal or informal employment sector. Islamic Relief Malaysia would like to invite the public to contribute to the COVID-19 Appeal fund to help those affected.
We are focusing on food and hygiene kits such as face masks, sanitizers and detergents as an aid assistance.
The food distribution in Malaysia will be carried out with the collaboration of government agencies who possess the direct access to the beneficiaries and quarantine centres meanwhile the distribution outside of the country will be carried out through Islamic Relief field office.
Islamic Relief’s Response
Despite facing constraints to move freely in the phase of movement control order (PKP), this campaign has succeeded in benefiting many people in both domestically and abroad with all the Malaysian contributions.
Some of the contributions are:
- 1,000 pieces of facemask N95 to the National Audit Academy (AAN), Nilai, Negeri Sembilan which is a quarantine center
- 10 units of ‘hospital sleeping chairs’ to Putrajaya Hospital
- RM500 cash assistance for beneficiaries in Semenanjung, Sabah & Sarawak
- 5 units of ‘non-contact thermoscan’ to Rembau Hospital
- Food assistance to 60 Rohingya refugee families in Puchong
- 2 units of ‘Pharmaceutical Refrigerator’ to the Pharmacy Division of Tuanku Jaafar Hospital, Seremban in collaboration with ANSARA, Taiping, Perak.
- 9 boxes of food and beverage items for patients and ‘frontlines’ at the Ampang Hospital Quarantine Centre
- Providing hygiene kits include one pack of disinfection gel, liquid soap, one pack of medicine gloves, face masks and educational leaflets to 2,750 beneficiaries and 14 institutions in Bosnia such as medical institutions, the Islamic Community, Ambulance, Islamic Faculty and Local TV Station.
- Distribute 7,659 hot meals to the quarantined persons during and after Ramadan month, Gaza Strip, Palestine.
- provided a total of 2,689 food packs sufficient for a family of 5 people on average. The food packs aim to feed a family for a month and has targeted more than 13,000 individuals. Reaching different areas and people: in 15 provinces of the country, supporting more than 13,000 individuals.