1. Alisha Hirendar is a 5 years old active, cheerful girl who likes to talk. However, 5 months ago, she was frequently having fever and vomiting. After 5 days, she was still not recovering from the fever. Lia Astuti 28 years old, who is her mother, took her to a nearby clinic but the doctor could not identify the problem. Alisha went to Hospital Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) and later was referred to the Hospital Kuala Lumpur (HKL).
2. Alisha was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia disease. HKL referred her to Subang Jaya Medical Centre (SJMC) because HKL only treated local patients. In SJMC, the treatment process could not be started as the cost of treatment is too high.
3. Dr Liana Yusof, Medical Officer who is in charge of treating HUKM pediatric patients introduced Alisha’s family to Islamic Relief Malaysia (IRM) in order to ease up their burden. A special team consist of five doctors was established to take over of her case. It is expected that Alisha’s treatment will be in a period of two years, which will include 7 cycles of treatment process. For the earlier six cycles, it will take about 4 to 8 weeks while the later cycle is to monitor Alisha’s condition until the end of the treatment period.
4. Taking into consideration, if Alisha was to get infection or face any complications during treatment, the treatment costs will also increase. IRM has recently launched a campaign to raise funds under Alisha Appeal for the amount of RM150,000 to help Alisha and her family.
5. The total cost is to cover Alisha’s medical treatment and her mother’s travelling cost in order to take care of Alisha in the hospital.
We wish all the contribution may provide new hope for the cute kid name Alisha. So that’s she will no longer asks questions to her mother, “Mama, how do I play. My feet hurt.”
Please, support us in helping those who need it most.